The American Women’s Association in Bahrain has been a social and charitable group since 1974. We currently have over 250 members of all nationalities. While it is helpful in settling in new expat women in Bahrain, we have a very active membership that participates in different interest groups, as well as a band of volunteers who help us make our charitable contributions to more than 30 non-profit organizations and individuals in Bahrain each year.
Whether you are interested in food, art, books, culture or service you will find a dedicated group for you!
- Art group – artists and art lovers come together to plan and attend art related events.
- Book club – read and discusses books from around the world.
- Dinner group – couples or singles plan a meal together each month at a member’s home.
- Crafts – meet every Tuesday to make group and individual items.
- Lunch bunch/Evening group – visit different restaurants throughout Bahrain.
- On Island Tours – meets monthly to explore sights and places around Bahrain.
- Women of Taste – meets monthly for a cooking lesson followed by lunch.
- Cherry Tree Trot – February 2010, able bodied/ disabled race to benefit local charities.